5 Unique features in the 2020 Hyundai Palisade
The all-new 2020 Hyundai Palisade is a three-row, eight passenger SUV that offers much more than just a spacious interior. Featuring a futuristic exterior styling and a long list of available technology, comfort, and convenience features, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade is a modernly equipped SUV outfitted to help drivers take on the roads ahead. From numerous driver assistance features to a standard V6 engine, the Palisade boasts a perfect mix of power, performance, and technology.
Many of the newer vehicles come with so many bells and whistles, you may not have time to learn about them. We have broken down five unique features that you may not have noticed the 2020 Hyundai Palisade has tucked away inside and out.
- Blind View Monitor
- Top-spec Palisade Limited models come with a fully digital gauge cluster, when the turn signal is activated can display a handy little video feed of the vehicle’s blind spot on the side the turn signal is activated on. What makes the Hyundai setup unique is it works on both sides of the vehicle. Activate the right turn signal, and the blind-spot video feed displays in the right side gauge cluster; activate the left signal, and the live-stream pops up on the left side of the cluster. A wonderful tool to keep your eyes focused ahead of you, while keeping an eye out for those vehicles that could be hiding in your blind spot.
- Two Speed Power Liftgate
- Many newer vehicles with power-opening tailgate give owners the option to set a maximum height for the open tailgate for easier access or height restrictions in a garage. Hyundai has taken the power liftgate functionality one step further, giving Palisade owners the ability to control the speed the liftgate opens. It can be set to open quickly in 4.5 seconds or more slowly at 6.0 seconds. Great feature if you are someone that frequently uses the rear cargo storage and need to save a few extra seconds.
- One-Button Sliding Section
- Third row access can tend to be frustrating with the pulling and pushing levers to gain access to the third row, Hyundai has come to the aid in accessing the Palisade’s third row with a one-button function. Simply press the button, and the seat back tilts and the entire seat slides forward to open up a side entry walk through to the third row seats. Hyundai even thought to add a button at kids height for kids to easily use, as well as one at adult height located next to the headrest.
- Side Exit Assist
- Parallel parking is never fun, but can also be dangerous when you open your door to get out towards the street and traffic is flying right by you. The Palisade SEL and Limited trims come with Side Exit Assist, which uses the rear-facing radar to give the driver an alert before exiting the vehicle that a vehicle is approaching from behind. The system also can lock the rear doors so passengers don’t accidentally put themselves in danger.
- App-Based Driver Presets
- Hyundai’s Blue Link is an amazing system which enables communication with the car, accident reporting and navigation help through the smartphone app that is available on most of Hyundai’s models. The Palisade’s Blue Link comes with one extra feature: Driver Presets. Two drivers can set their seat and mirror positions to a memory function that can also remember their climate control settings. Unlike traditional memory functions-this can all be done when approaching the vehicle from your phone.